In this short video I’ll teach you how to make cauliflower rice out of STEAM-IN-A-BAG FROZEN CAULIFLOWER. It’s fast, easy, affordable and it helps you get more veggies into your diet really easily. When your veggies taste like rice, well, they go down easier ; )
This is one of my favorite things to food prep for the week, I’ll make several batches at once. I’m the lady who snatches up almost all the bags at Target. Yo, they’re $.99 for 12 oz. I’ll take all 15! For real, I do it all the time and my family teases me. I’m always so bummed when they don’t restock quickly enough. I’m slightly addicted right now.
This is the easiest and cheapest way to make cauliflower rice that I’ve found. There is no cooking or chopping! Here are the steps, or just watch the vid.
- Microwave the steam-in-a-bag cauliflower
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes or more to cool
- Strain excess liquid out of the bag
- Put cauliflower in the food processor
- Whir until it’s the shape of rice (it’s honestly hard to mess up)
- Empty rice into food storage containers of choice
My Top 4 Ways to Eat Cauliflower Rice
- Stir-fry and/or teriyaki bowls
- Add into meatballs! It’s an easy way to sneak in more veggies (my kids love them), plus it makes your meatballs bigger with barely any more calories. Food volume for the win!
- Creamy cheesy rice that tastes like mac’n’cheese. I’ll put 2 cups or so of cauliflower rice in a bowl, add 1/4 cup greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp cheese (I like Daiya vegan mozzarella), and an over easy egg. Mix it all together, season with s&p and add protein if desired. It’s delightful. Feel free to swap cheese with guacamole.
- You can also sneak 1/4-1/2 cup in a flavorful smoothie and not taste it. It will add thickness and fluffiness. : )
- Have you tried cauliflower rice yet?
- How would you like your cauliflower rice best?
Comment below and let me know! Much love, Jessica Joy